Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Exeter (Full Time, Permanent)
Accounts Assistant - Exeter
Do you have some sales ledger and purchase ledger experience and want to utilise and grow your experience within a successful and expanding organisation in Exeter?
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work in accounts and within a friendly team. There is the potential to build a successful career within this well established and successful company in Exeter.
* Preparing and posting sales receipts for credit accounts;
* Recording cheques, BACS, cash and credit card payments received from customers in Excel and posting to customer's sales ledger;
* Preparing the daily banking.
* Stamping and distributing purchase ledger invoices and credit notes
* Handling telephone enquiries from suppliers regarding payments and invoices
* Checking and posting authorized purchase ledger invoices and credit notes
* Processing of stock invoices for inter-company and other stock suppliers
* Reconciling supplier statements
* Processing of staff expenses
* Preparing and posting supplier payments
* Issuing and reconciling Petty Cash
* Posting entries from the bank accounts including interest, transfers and charges.
* Reconciling bank accounts to the statements received.
* On a rota basis, taking cash and cheques to the bank.
* Responding to queries from other departments
* Opening post and distributing to relevant departments
* Dealing with other ad-hoc tasks as required.
DO YOU HAVE ?
* Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach;
* Be numerate;
* Demonstrate good IT skills;
* Possess excellent communication skills;
* Be a team player
* Competitive Salary * 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays. * Pension Scheme * Free Eye Test * Life Assurance * Child Care Vouchers * Cycle to Work Scheme * Staff Discount * Flexi Time (if applicable)
Working Hours: 08:30 - 17:00 (Mon - Fri)
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.